Status update
AnnouncementsLast Post
AnnouncementMay 12, State of Affairs02/21/2011 06:26AM
How do things works?
six years ago
Now May is here and that should be the estimated delivery month of the Oceangrapher.

Will the watch be delivered in May?

What about the watch that should be putted up at Ebay in April, was it sold?

Just a few questions that I guess more than me are interested to get a answer.

Thanks in advance.

Jocke
Re: How do things works?
six years ago
When are we making the final payment? I've totally forgot how much the pre-order was. I remember I paid 319USD but what was the full pre-order price? 899USD?

18 days from no will be the 20th of May. Will the watches be sent out on the 20th or will they be delivered on the 20th?

Also, still no pictures from the assemble of the watches?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was six years ago by Jaganata.
six years ago
Jaganata Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When are we making the final payment? I've totally
> forgot how much the pre-order was. I remember I
> paid 319USD but what was the full pre-order price?
> 899USD?

A few infos on Taernan website :
"The suggested retail price for the TÄRNAN OCEANOGRAPHER is USD 1050 (including shipping and insurance).
You can already book your OCEANO-GRAPHER with a 30% deposit of USD 315. You will be asked to pay the remainder of USD 735 once the watch is ready for delivery."

Hope it helped
winking smiley
six years ago
Nope, sorry, didn't help at all. The pre-order price was lower than 1050USD.
six years ago
Yep, with only 18 days estimated before delivery the points raised above seem valid. And some photos of the assembled watch would be much appreciated.
Status update
six years ago
Hello Gentlemen,

A clarification on the price policy

Pre-booking timeframe

The logic behind this price policy is to reward the first persons who placed an order, thus allowing this project to exist.

A pre-booking timeframe was opened to offer a discounted price (USD 899). The discount could also be increased through peer referencing.

After a vote we decided to build the boxes in Hong Kong in stead of Switzerland, and the saving will allow each of you to save on local customs import tax. Before receiving your watch, you will be aske to pay the remainder, minus the VAT.

As an example, someone purchasing from France already pais USD 319. The remainder should have been:
Remainder
USD 899 - USD 319 = USD 580

But thanks to the savings made on the box, this buyer will see VAT deducted from the total:

Example
VAT for France 19%
899 / 1.19 = 755.46

So in this example (France) the remainder of USD 580 is pre-emptively brought down to USD 436.
The buyer will be asked by French customs to pay USD 144 in import tax. So in the end he will have paid the USD 580 without surprise additionnal fees.

Ordering now

The discount timeframe has now ended and newcomers will be asked to pay the full price of USD 1050. The pre-emptive VAT deduction still applies.

A French customer will now get the following price before tax:

Example
USD 1050 / 1.19 = USD 882

Sample pictures or no sample pictures?

I can understand that most of you are really standing on the edge of your seat by now, wondering what this watch will end up looking like.

I've been designing watches since 2003, but this is the first time that I undertake a limited edition in these circumstances. The case and dial come from some of the best suppliers in Hong Kong and assembly, so I am confident in their reliability and accountability.

As much as I beg the case maker, they haven't yet provided anything consitant. I understand they launched production of the cases one or two weeks ago, so we should finally have something to see soon.

Control and testing will be carried in the Ronda Time Center in Switzerland. I've already contacted them and they are standing by.

I am now expecting new from the casemaker that they completed production and that the assembly test did go well. After that I will get everything shipped to the workshops in Switzerland for inspection and assembly.

Franck J.

TÄRNAN watches developer & designer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was six years ago by Franck J..
Re: Status update
six years ago
When do you estimate the watches to be shipped out?
six years ago
Thanks for the update Franck.
six years ago
Hello Jocke1,

Regarding the numbers put up for auction, I will publish them on eBay before anyone is asked to pay the remainder of their watch.

That way, the auction winner can choose between the serial number of the auction watch and the one he/she previously booked.

Franck J.

TÄRNAN watches developer & designer
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Guests: 122 on January 03, 2017